Williamrenn.com is live, but not finished, placeholder. Much better than that thing below
Another one of the Academy of Art sculpture graduates commissioned me to do her website. Jessica's work focuses on textures and emotions. Her pieces are generally very large, with one piece taking up the same dimensions as a large entertainment center. Amazing artist and a very sweet person. For her website, I went for a little more involved look than with Clayandsteel.com. I chose to make it relatively simple for the sake of the type of visitors the site would attract. People visit an art website to look at art; as such, I've made the art the main focus of the site. For any visitor wishing to know more about the artist, links are displayed in the navigation section so as not to take the focus away from the art.
The site is still a work in progress. I will update this entry as soon as it's done. The live site is here: jessicapyron.com
My wife Celeste's artist portfolio site. This is what got me a great deal of interest from the Academy of Art University sculpture department. Several students are asking that I create a site for them. Simplistic design, but i've grown out of CSS trickery for trivial things. Generated content is nice, but too involved for simple things. This site has a few bugs in the (as of writing) alpha version of IE8, but every other rendering engine gets the picture.
Link to live site: clayandsteel.com
Because he liked my approach and design so much on his son's project QTReporter so much (?), the owner of this ill-fated site requested a website for his pet project, an online bookstore for the topics of Nubian culture within the UK. The site was never populated with products and as of writing, is no longer a valid domain name.
The site was run off of a shopping cart package called ZenCart which was free and sure showed it. <table> tags roamed freely. Although I have much love for the idea of a free eCommerce package with such extensibility, ZenCart was, in essence, a horrendous mess. The difficulty in simply getting a USD to GBP locale conversion set up was compounded when the software wouldn't recognize a UK postal code with it's wacky numbers and letters and whitespace characters.
The ZenCart community was very small but helpful and in the end I was successful. Even had a root certificate running.... but never got a phone call from the client after that. Lost interest I guess.
I was a bit frustrated and took the site off of my hard drive, but managed to find a near completion .jpg from an AIM conversation we had: Nubianbooks.co.uk
Naturally, he's since taken the site down, but I've preserved at least some of it here.
Link to archive of the site: QTReporter.com